November 04, 2010

Vegan MoFo: Busy Week and No Camera Means...

Survey time.


I am being lazy, but I really want to keep in the habit of posting, so let me talk about my least favorite subject (ist mich!)



1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Stash White Christmas ...I used to live right next to the factory outlet and had access to tons of cheap or free sample teas.  I'm really running low, I need to stock up!



2. What vegan forums do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!I'm Dear Linux on the PPK forums, but I'm so lazy and I don't post.  It's not vegan, but I'm known to lurk on SomethingAwful forums too ...in case any of you goony vegans stumble on this.


3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Alfredo!  Tofu + margarine + garlic + almond milk blended = amazing?



4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
5 to 10 a day, but I have almost 50 of you wonderful folks in my reader.



5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
Alien's Day Out!

What an amazing blog.  Really makes me want to visit SK!


6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
Um um um, I don't know, Bryanna Clark Grogan is a god to me, but I'd probably make an idiot out of myself if I met her.  I make an idiot of myself most times.



7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Seitan.  Tofu is the close second.  Tempeh is rhymes with "meh" to me.  Also, the boy doesn't like it.



8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Tofu.  I imagine it would consume my opponent, much like a blancmange.



9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Stir fry, baked tofu, and uh... curry?  We're not fancy here.



10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
Pumpkin "Cheese"cake.  There are many recipes.  I'm making it for Thanksgiving, but I might have to do a test version before...



11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
I don't advertise, but I mostly have clothing for an office so...



12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
I grew up there.  We're moving back to the Pacific Northwest someday :(



13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
A couple of years ago.  Yes.  Have never intentionally eaten an animal product since.  



14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
There have been plenty of crappy tasting meals, but those were mostly cooked by well-intentioned friends or loved ones.  The worst vegan meal experience I've ever had was at Real Foods Daily.  The food was "okay" and the waitress was so rude and mean that I had a panic attack.  Vegan places should be nice places, I don't care if you're in Santa Monica or that So Cal has 'tude.  I'm so tired of the LA aloofness, like we're all too cool for school or something.  Eesh!



15. What made you decide to blog?
I had free time.  Well, that changed.  Haha.  Oh... sigh.  I just love the vegan blogging community and I wanted to be a part of it.  Perhaps it was a naive thing to imagine.  TIME WILL TELL. :P


That's today's self-indulgent and lazy post.  Maybe I'll cook something interesting tonight to post about tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment